CGI programs based on the CGIDEV2 ILE-RPG CGI Development Toolset
may also take advantage of MIME & Mail services,
thus providing integration between WEB and E-mail.
As any other ILE-RPG programs, a CGI's may
Equipping a CGI library with the SENDMAIL service program
For a CGI library to be able to use MIME & Mail service program, the following is needed:
All this can be done through command mmail/setcgilib.
- Service program SENDMAIL must be duplicated in the CGI production library
- The binding directory TEMPLATE2 in the CGI production (object) library must be added an entry
pointing to the SENDMAIL service program
- Member MAILPROTO must be copied from MMAIL/QRPGLESRC to the QRPGLESRC file
of the CGI development (source) library
/COPY statements to include in a CGI
The following /COPY statements are needed (assume that MYLIB is the name of your CGI source library):
* F-SPECS go here
* D-SPECS go here
Execution of MMAIL commands within CGI's
Library MMAIL must be in the CGI job library list before any MMAIL command is executed.
This can be obtained through the doCmd subprocedure. Example:
C eval rc = docmd('addlible mmail')
C eval rc = docmd('emlspl ...')
C eval rc = docmd('rmvlible mmail')
Spool file management within CGI's
- To enable a CGI to have full control on a spool file generated from it,
the printer file must be overrided with parameter SPLFOWN(*JOB).
Besides, if the spool file must be converted to PDF via INFOPRINT,
the output queue must be defined with AUTCHK(*DTAAUT).
- Spool files may optionally be converted to PDF's.
This can be done either using the mimeSplPdf subprocedure or running the
If you plan to have CGI's running spool file conversion based on INFOPRINT,
then you must run once command MMAIL/QTMHHTP1.