This page is related to a scenario where users
- connect to the IBMi box via HTTP server and WEB browser
- and their access is validated through the host IBMi user profile system.
- Also in this case, the security administrator of the IBMi must have launched a batch job to serve password change requests made by the users.
The batch job is launched with command PWDRESET/PWDSERVE, as explained in the previous page.
- A special WEB page may be used by the security administrator to reset the password of an user profile
- Another WEB page is available to the users for changing their user profiles passwords.
- The HTTP instance must be added the following directives:
#---- PWDRESET --------------------------------------------------------
ScriptAliasMatch /pwdresetp/(.*) /qsys.lib/pwdreset.lib/$1
ScriptAliasMatch /xresetpwd(.*) /qsys.lib/pwdreset.lib/resetpwd.pgm
ScriptAliasMatch /xchgpwd(.*) /qsys.lib/pwdreset.lib/chgpwd.pgm
Alias /pwdreset/ /pwdreset/
allow from all
allow from all
AuthName "PWDRESET utility"
- Availability of the MMAIL utility can be very useful for communicating new passwords to remote users.
Resetting user profile password
Instead of entering command PWDRESET/PWDRESET from a 5250 terminal,
from your WEB browser you may invoke the URL
You will be asked to specify user_name/password. Enter the name of a class *SECADM user profile and its password.
You will receive the following screen:
|Figure 3 - Reset user profile password|
When you press the "go" button,
- the name of the user profile to be reset
- the number of characters of the new password
- and optionally the e-mail address of the user using this user profile.