This "Change Impact Analysis" tool is for IBM System i applications written in ILE-CL, ILE-COBOL, and ILE-RPG languages.
It allows to make up an inventory of a program library, where all the links among programs, modules, files, service programs and procedures
are solved through database relations, so that many development or maintenance questions can be immediately answered.
Example of questions:
- which service program module defines a given procedure?
- which program modules are using a given service program procedure?
- which programs are bound to a given service program?
- which modules make up a program?
- in which programs a given module is used?
- what are the programs updating a given file?
PLCheckUp is a public source utility for IBM System i.
- OS/400 release V5R2 or subsequent
- ILE RPG IV Compiler, product 5722WDS, opt. 31.
- ILE COBOL Compiler, if COBOL programs are to be dealed with.
- Download file checkup.zip from the Easy400 download page and unzip it.
- Follow the Readme.txt instructions to upload and to restore library PLCHECKUP.
- On the IBM System i run the following procedure:
STRREXPRC SRCMBR(INSTALL) SRCFILE(PLCHECKUP/QREXSRC)
It does the following:
- creates service program PLCHECKUP/PLCHECKUP
- creates modules and programs in library PLCHECKUP
- restores IFS directory /plcheckup
- creates and populates library PLCHECKDT.
This library will contain local user data.