This utility contains a set of tools for
on your IBM i.
- consuming WEB services
- providing RESTful WEB services
- Minimum OS/400 release: V5R3
- Scott Klement's HTTP API (library LIBHTTP) is required:
service programs LIBHTTP/HTTPAPIR4 and LIBHTTP/XPAT must have been generated and SSL support must be active.
If library LIBHTTP is not available, it is automatically restored during EZ4WEBSERV installation.
- 57xx-DG1 HTTP Server
- 57xx-WDS Compiler ILE RPG IV (needed only during the installation process)
- Easy400.net utility EZ4PARSE is recommended. It helps converting to database files the XML stream files received by the WEB client.
- Download file ez4webserv.zip from the Easy400 download page and unzip it.
- Follow the ez4webserv.txt instructions to upload and to restore library EZ4WEBSERV.
- On your IBM i
- sign on with a class *SECOFR user profile
- run the following procedure:
STRREXPRC SRCMBR(INSTALL) SRCFILE(EZ4WEBSERV/QREXSRC)
It does the following:
- restores library LIBHTTP (only if not yet available)
- creates objects in library EZ4WEBSERV
- restores IFS directory /ez4webserv
- creates and populates library EZ4WEBSDTA (Local data)
- installs the HTTP instance EZ4WEBSERV (listening on port 8018).
4 - Updates
To know about the latest updates to this tool, press this link.
To know about the release date of the Ez4WEBSERV version you may have installed, on your IBM i execute command EZ4WEBSERV/RELEASED .